CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 30, 2007

NEWS

I am currently about 7 miles above the earth in a slightly empty flying tin can of sorts. The best part of that sentence is “slightly empty” because that means that the air is somewhat fresh, the human smell is muted, and in general everyone (airline stewardess and steward included) is happier. It is almost as good as an upgrade.

Almost.

Our first flight from Portland to Denver was a disaster. Shawn and I were split up and no available seat for Cohen, so he was squirming on my lap and fussing and biting his fingers. The two ladies seated next to me were about as friendly as rattlesnakes. Before Cohen even started fussing, they were giving me unfavorable sideways glances. Then once I nursed him and got him asleep, instead of being relieved they just kept pushing his legs back over into my seat. It was sort of like the imaginary line thing you did in the backseat of the car with your siblings during family vacation,…kinda, except, his foot would be one inch their direction and they’d push it back with one finger as if he were covered in some flesh eating rash.

It was two hours I wouldn’t want to live over. So this flight in comparison…well, its heaven.

So I am writing because I have some NEWS. (and no, I am not preggo- admit it, you thought that) I think I will post my NEWS with bullets…how do you feel about that?

• First of all, Engage the Journey is beginning in just a couple of days now and I am oh-so-excited about it! I have had lots of emails and interest, so I am sure this will be as rich as in 2006. If you are interested, just drop me an email, ok? mcdonkate@gmail.com Of course you can join anytime, but its easier to stay committed if you don’t get behind.

• Secondly, the website for Engage the Journey ’08 has changed. Its now www.engagethejourney08.wordpress.com I was looking back through my blog last night and categorizing posts (something I should’ve done a long time ago) and realized how often I have attempted to use my iWeb to make sites, but the only problem is, THEY ALWAYS HAVE PROBLEMS! Some people can’t read it on non-mac computers, sometimes there are unexplained publishing errors, and I cannot upload or change anything from a computer other than my own. So I started thinking about that and got worried that if something went wrong, it could mess up people’s reading. SO..I changed it. If you already bookmarked the page, change it, ok? And let others know too, ok? Thanks

• Thirdly, its not only Engage the Journey that is moving to wordpress.com, The Accidental Traveler is too! Same explanation as above…had trouble getting it to work and got fed up…so PLEASE change my link and visit me at www.katemcdonald.WORDPRESS.com I will miss you if you don’t come and visit. You might ask, why wordpress? Well….

o It is more complicated to figure out and you to have to pay in order to change html code (which I haven’t done yet) BUT you can have multiple pages, people can sign in and leave their address even if its not a wordpress one, more widgets, more designable….
o I have loved blogger and most people I know keep their blogs there, but I have grown tired of it and needed a change that gave me a few more options…


So I think that’s all my news for now. I will write some funny stories a little bit later when the computer isn’t about to die like it is right now. And don’t worry, Caroline, I am fixing to answer your theology question in a day or so!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went out last night and bought the one year Bible - I'm super excited about this study!

I'm sorry to hear about your awful flight. How very unkind of those women. It always amazes me how people look at mothers with such disdain. How dare you travel by plane! ;)

Danielle said...

Glad your second flight was better! I will probably be getting the one year Bible tomorrow hopefully.

Hannah said...

Wow, seems to me those women were definitely lacking the maternal instinct? It really amazes me how some people are so unfriendly and impatient with little ones on long trips. Ah, well, I'm glad the second flight ended up a bit better. :) I don't know how my mom and dad survived all five of us in a cramped vehicle for so many years of traveling in ministry. How did they not go insane? They're my heroes.

Alana said...

Hi Kate,

Thanks for your comment! I had an experience like that once on an airplane trip when my husband and I were separated. It was terrible! I can't believe those ladies were so mean. People like that drive me crazy!