CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 15, 2007

can Jesus be in my heart at mommy m's?

I wish I could explain more than I am going to be able to in this post...

Because its an on-going situation, I have to be careful what I say. But if you've read this blog at all before, you've heard about Joe and Josh and probably read some side-splitting stories about their antics. If you haven't, my parents have been raising these two boys (4 and 6) for two years now without any permanent sort of custody. Its been hard for my parents to know what to do, because if they went for custody and lost, that'd be it. Its a scary prospect.

However the boy's bio "mom" pulled a stunt a few weeks ago that has forced my parents' hand. I can't say what happened (yet) but lets just say my parents have no choice but to do exactly what they are doing in order to protect the boys. They just filed for full custody.

Please pray:
1. for favor in the case being moved to the county in which my parents live
2. for the judge to order a protection ruling keeping the boys from their mom until the case is decided
3. for the judge to act in the best interest of joe and josh
4. for as peace a resolution with their mom as possible
5. GOD:S WILL.

Thanks.

I want to leave you with a lil' something.

Josh asked Jesus into his heart last weekend. Mom said he was talking about how bio "mommy" M always says he's a bad boy. Mom and he got talking about being bad and how Jesus loves us. He wanted to ask Jesus to "always be with him". So mom prayed "Jesus I love you" expecting him to repeat (just like an adult!) and he exclaimed "ME TOO!"...and he did that all through the prayer. How sweet is that?!?!

Then the next day he asked my mom "Mommy, can Jesus still be in my heart at mommy M's house?"

Yeah...I know. I am tearing up just writing that.
Think on that while you are praying for these guys.


6 yr old JOe

4 yr old Josh

4 comments:

Hannah said...

You all are in my prayers. I pray God intervenes in a miraculous way.

Teresa said...

Kate... my jaw literally dropped when reading that you Joe asked if Jesus will be in his heart when he goes with his bio Mom. I have a 6 year old nephew, Ethan. (who looks a lot of Joe and Josh!) Him and his 9 year old sister stay with us quite a bit on the weekends... their lives at home aren't exactly what kids should have. Their Mom used to be heavy in acohol and every man she's dated has been abusive and she finally decided to get the kids out of the house 2 weeks ago. But, a few weeks back when Ethan and Kiesha (the 9 year old) were staying with us - he and I woke up hours before everyone else and we ate breakfast together and I prayed before I ate and he asked me - "Teresa why do you always pray before you eat, and you always read your Bible and pray everyday and you always tell me and Sissy about Jesus?" All of those questions led to him saying that He wanted Jesus in his heart.. and after talking about it and praying he asked me what Joe asked your Mom. He started crying and said "Teresa, but I can't have Jesus in my heart. I forgot. My Mom doesn't want me to. I can't have Him in my heart! I want to but I can't." Your words shared were so similar to my conversation with Ethan... I don't know how your Mom did it, but it's terribly hard to explain to a 6 year old (Joe AND Ethan's age) that Jesus is allowed to be in their hearts and with them. My heart breaks for Ethan, Joe and Josh.

I will be praying for the situation. I've been praying over it for quite awhile... I hope things work out! "God works for the good of those who love Him."

Teresa said...

Sorry for that LONG comment!

Um, there's a story about Ethan in one of my posts from June I think, its a cute one if you want to read it. :) It's entitled: The Words Of A 5 year old.

. . . L O R I . . . said...

those little guys are so beautiful.
the Lord's will always prevails.